Monday, November 10, 2008

Finally a PSP Bleach game that I really enjoy!

There are already bunch of Bleach games released on multi-platforms. However, most of them are fighting games, which I have no love for. Basically because I suck at fighting games (seriously, I can never beat a character in Street Fighter). So, when I know that Sony is releasing Bleach: The Soul Carnival, I am so happy! And, after trying the game, I am sure this would be one of the PSP games that I love. What makes it more fantastic is that it has a Chinese version of the game (i.e., the dialogs, control, etc. are in Chinese even though the voice over is in Japanese).

Unlike those 1-on-1 fighting games, this game is a side-scrolling action game. The characters are presented in a "chibi" or super-deformed style, which actually worked quite nicely. The game-play even though is not innovative per se, but fit perfectly well on PSP. In fact, it runs smooth, and honestly it could be quite addictive to for instance collect all the playable or supporting characters, train new skills, etc. I really enjoy its fast-pace, colourful fighting sequences, and not to mention its intuitive game control. Even though the sales in Japan is not as good as those fighting games, I still think this game is a very high-quality game. I really suggest you go ahead and have a trial with it, than you will know I am right.

No comments: