Monday, December 22, 2008

No doubt he is a god of game creator

Tetsuya Nomura (野村哲也) from Square-Enix probably is one of those best game developers, designers, directors out there that not many people know or care (or maybe I am wrong). He is not as famous as the-one-and-only Hideo Kojima (小島秀夫) for the world-acclaimed Metal Gear Solid franchise. I admire Kojima for his creative and dare-to-try spirit. But, I admire more Nomura's artistic style, wild story-telling mind, and creative game-play design. I mean Kojima has Metal Gear Solid franchise (mind you, I really think the franchise is one of the best in the gaming history), but Nomura has Final Fantasy VII, VIII, etc. and Kingdom Hearts, II and the spin-offs, as well as the DS game that I love the most, The World Ends With You. Not the mention the currently well-known, for me the best (really, the best) PSP game ever made, Dissidia: Final Fantasy, and the up-and-coming Final Fantasy Versus XIII (for PS3), Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (for PSP), Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (for NDS). He has so many credits in so many games developed in Square-Enix. So, it is not exaggerating to say that he is the treasure for Square-Enix. And, all the games mentioned are all my favorites. So, you can imagine why I admire him that much. Sometimes, I am just jealous of his talent!

Anyway, at this moment, I am really enjoying Dissidia (albeit I have no idea what the story is about since it is in Japanese). And, I know I will enjoy the games developed or created by him soon in the near future!

No comments: